Carbon reductants produced by Polchar are essential in metallurgical processes of silicon and silicon-based alloys (silicon, ferrosilicon, silico-manganese) production.
Main industries that use silicon products include:
- manufacturing of semiconductors, electronics
- chemical products (adhesives, isolations, sealants)
- specialized steel (automotive)
- medicine (endoprothesises, diagnostics)
- production of aluminium and aluminium alloys (aviation, astronautics, renewable energy)
More than 80% of mobile phones and more than 50% of computers worldwide contain components, which were manufactured from silicon produced using Polchar’s carbon reductants.